Thursday 31 July 2014

Birthday, Turning 30, My Thoughts and Lessons




For some reason, turning 30 seems like a huge responsibility to take on. I should have achieved so much by this point. I  should be much better off than 10 years ago. Where is my career at? And please don't tell me that 30 is the new 20. No, I am not twenty any more, and I am so happy. I am very much wiser and experienced by now so that I seem to have figured out the building blocks to my personal happiness.

When I was twenty, I was fooling myself with what I perceived as happiness.

I want to list a few of my life lessons (in no particular order of importance), hopefully my kids will read and listen to them when they are older.

1. Stop stressing about what other people will think or say. It is your life, live it once.

2. Do NOT follow or copy anyone else's life; they have their own lives with problems. You don't know what you are wishing for.

3. Before marrying someone, know exactly what you can tolerate and live with in that person. Do NOT change your spouse. You must learn about your own weaknesses and bad habits to be fair.

4.  Always follow your dreams and passions. For me, when I do something creative, two hours go by like 5 minutes. That's an indication that I truly love doing it.

5. Life is about others. Contribute to community, help your own extended family in need, and be kind.

6. You are allowed to make the same mistake twice. But better do it once.

7. Your mind is the only controller and limiter of your own mental and physical capabilities. You can do anything if your let your mind do it.

8.  Cherish and treasure your close family. These are the only people in the world that will be there for you.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment