Wednesday 7 December 2011

Household Savers

It is not easy being fab and young if you devote your life to the house. There is so much stuff I would rather do instead of cleaning, scrubbing, washing, cooking, loading, un-loading... Don't get me wrong, I love a clean house and love to cook and bake. But I also love doing crafts with daughter, spending time outside, reading, or simply relaxing with hot chocolate and watching romantic comedy.
Here are my top household savers...



This little pot does so many jobs for me. User manual even includes recipe. I make soups, rice, grains, stew, even meats (aka goulash). It is simply multi use, and what a deal for only $20. Plus it is super energy efficient, you don't need to use your heavy duty stove. The only downside - the volume is on a small side. But for now it works for our family of three.


This house saver was recommended by one of my friends. It is so convenient. Nothing turns me off more than a mop and a bucket of water. I feel totally like a cleaning lady in my own house. It all changed when I got this cleaning friend. This magic mop cleans my tile, vinyl, even hardwood floors! All with water only and no harsh chemicals. I even cleaned my rug with it, which worked really well. My dear H2O, where were you all these years?





This little sucker goes and works everywhere. Working with broom is so inconvenient. I use this vacuum in the kitchen (to pick up all little crumbs and pieces of food), bathrooms (to get rid of lint, hair, etc.), and car - for a quick vacuum job. It is always plugged and charged so it is ready to go when needed. The big vacuum cleaner in our house is used for big jobs on big surfaces (i.e. rug, carpets, bedrooms). I also love it because it is energy efficient, quiet, and super lightweight.

4. Cleaning Supplies Organizer
I have a version of this with handles. All of my items are kept in one caddy. So all I need to do is to pick it up and move from one bath or room to another. Oh, best part - I got my "organizer"at Dollarama for $2. See my post on green and eco-friendly cleaners here.
Over the years, I have tried so many dishwasher detergents. I honestly cannot stand any detergent that takes 5 seconds or more to put/pour into dishwasher. Some leak, some you have to measure, some you have to use scissors to open each individual pack. I am sorry, but this is too much for me. With these, you take one, put into compartment, and press start. The whole pack dissolves. I buy them in bulk at Costco - really great deal.

These are my top 5, but I most likely have others around the house. They truly make my life much easier, and more fab!

Do you use any of these? What other house savers you cannot live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment